Monday, August 23, 2021

A Perfect Day for a Sunday



Yesterday, on Sunday my family had to celebrate a cultural festival called Rakshabandhan. We made necklaces out of flowers that me and my sister picked from our garden, and then put them on the statues of our God in our house. We did a red dot on the statue's forehead which is called a "chandlo". Usually you do that on your brother, but since I didn't have a brother, we did on the statues of my God. On Rakshabandhan we tie a special bracelet decorated with some patterns and decorations on our brother's wrist to ask for  protection by the brother and in return, the brother has to give a gift back to the sister.We celebrated it all together and it was fun because having family time isn't usual for us.



 I like lockdown because I love Zoom Meetings and Google Meets, we can still chat with friends, more family time, and I love doing my schoolwork at home! But at the same time, I kind of miss playing games with my friends and our teachers, and our swimming! We had lockdown in the middle of our swimming lessons! 


After that, me and my sister, helped our parents do some work in the garden. Altogether, we mowed the lawn, cut down trees and picked flowers, helped to carry big and heavy branches from the cut down trees, and at last after I was tired, I played a bit with my sister. Then after, me and my sister talked to our dad's cousin sister because she called my dad. Some time later, we had a delicious lunch and I made necklaces and decorations out of beads and my sister helped me. Then I did some crochet. I had a fun doing all those things. Then came the best part of the day, I got my hair cut! me and my sister got our hair cut by our dad since it is lockdown and we can't go out. Everyone thought I looked different. But I don't think so!




             THE END



7 comments:

  1. Oh Devanshi, in that end photo you look beautiful and so grown up. Thank you for explaining what the festival Rokshabandhan is. I had heard of it but didn't quite know how it went. I too like lockdown because of family time, though I don't think I have had to work as hard as you. It sounds like you are a great help to your Mum and Dad. It is so good to hear you are happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Petula,
      I'm glad I wrote something helpful and helped you learn something. Fun Fact: My sister cut her hair and she looks like what she used to look like when she was 4!

      Delete
  2. Devanshi you explained very well about Rakshabandhan. I also celebrated with my daughters. It is good celebration with family. You are a good helper at home. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Mrs Mohini,
      Thank you. Do you think it is better celebrating it in lockdown or on a normal day?

      Delete
    2. Hello Devanshi,
      Good question. I think it is better to celebrate on a normal day because you can celebrate with your family and friends.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete